Gambling is a hobby that has a lot of stereotypes and misconceptions associated with the activity. It’s easy to believe certain myths when you’re winning and others when you’re losing. For example, if you’ve just gambled away your paycheque, you’ll be more inclined to believe that the games are rigged, while if you happened to win the jackpot you may be more inclined to believe lady luck is on your side. Most of these myths relate to the fairness of the games and the likelihood of winning.
On that note, let’s take a look at some of the most notorious gaming myths and the story behind them.
Casino Myths – Busted!
- The games are all rigged – Well, no, they aren’t. While the casino needs to make money (the house always wins!), an RNG system is, however, used to ensure that the outcomes are random. While there is a possibility of winning big, there’s an equal possibility of people losing as a result of your win – it’s all about balance.
- The dealers can determine the outcome – With the number of staff and security on the floor, the likelihood of an employee cheating the system is slim, and in most cases, this will only happen once before they’re caught and dismissed. Casino staff cannot control the outcome of a game, although it’s easy to understand why people would think this to be possible.
- Wins occur after a certain number of spins – This one is difficult to prove, but many people believe that you play on the slot machines, you’re guaranteed a win after a certain number of spins, and once you’ve determined this number, you’ll know how to go about placing your bets.
- The bigger the bet, the more likely you are to win – This superstition leads people to place enormous bets in an attempt to win big. Unfortunately, casino games are random and they’re not going to be impressed by the amount of money wagered.
- Winners never get paid – This is more linked to online casinos where legitimacy is sometimes a cause for concern. While there are legal implications for casinos that don’t payout, there are still places that take chances. Always do your research before giving a platform access to your money and ensure you play at a licensed, legal site that has an excellent reputation.
- Only one jackpot can be won in a day – This one is easy, the answer is no. Even if you and another person play the same game and hit the same jackpot, the pay-out will be the same for each of you. The randomised nature of casino games also means that more than one jackpot can be won daily, it’s all a game of luck.
You Cannot Beat The System
There’s a lot more that can be added to the list, but these are some of the more commonly brought up myths that casinos have to deal with. However, as you can see, they don’t hold much weight, and winning big playing games of the Philippines or any other country could result in a huge jackpot coming your way!