Quick ‘n Easy Vegetarian Casino Food Ideas
Throwing a casino party is always plenty of fun, but what happens when mini meatballs and chicken wings won’t cut it with your vegetarian friends? The chief complaint from vegetarians attending dinners and parties is usually that many people seems to think that vegetarians only eat salad leaves and beans, which isn’t exactly the right fare for an elegant casino party. As such, we’ve put together top ideas for vegetarian canapes which are sure to wow your health-conscious guests.
A variety of sides with delicious dipping sauces is perfect for a casino party. Quick and easy to create, none of these ideas require special ingredients that you won’t find at your usual grocery store.
- Crumbed, deep-fried mozzarella sticks with a spicy tomato dipping sauce
- Breadsticks and crudité with creamy basil pesto and red pepper hummus dipping sauces
- Mini sweetcorn fritters with a sweet chilli dipping sauce
- Peppadews stuffed with green olive tapenade and fresh mozzarella with a balsamic reduction dipping sauce
- Beer-battered, deep-fried cauliflower florets with a pomegranate raita dipping sauce
Pies, Puffs, and Quiches
Mini pies, puffs, and quiches make perfect casino party food as they are bite-sized and won’t require your guests to eat with a knife and fork, leaving their hands free to continue playing their favourite casino games.
- Baked phyllo pastry parcels stuffed with fresh figs and peppered goat’s cheese
- Baked puff pastry rounds topped with basil pesto, fresh mozzarella, and halved cherry tomatoes – the perfect accompaniment to online pokies NZ
- Mini potato, goat’s cheese, and spring onion pies served with a spicy peach chutney
- Mini spinach and feta quiches
Cheese is a popular favourite amongst vegetarians as it is versatile, packs a powerful flavour-filled punch, and provides much-needed protein.
- Panko breadcrumb, deep-fried goat’s cheese
- Mini Welsh rarebits topped with a fried egg to create what is known as a ‘buck rarebit’
- Bake whole camembert wheels in their wooden boxes and top with wild mushrooms sautéed in butter, maple drenched pecans, cranberries with port and thyme, or pine nuts pan fried with fresh rosemary and garlic.
- Panko breadcrumb, deep-fried brie parcels served with preserved melon slices
American Diner Style
American-style cuisine is always popular at parties and with these classics reinvented, you’ll have your guests begging for more!
- Burger sliders filled with a beetroot, chickpea and halloumi patty instead of meat and skewered with a cocktail stick to hold it all together
- Halloumi fries drizzled with plain yoghurt flavoured with lemon zest and topped with mint and pomegranate seeds
- Mini American style pancake stacks served with butter, fresh berries, and maple syrup
- Potato and sweet potato fries served with ketchup, mayonnaise, and sriracha dipping sauces
Asian cuisine is adept at creating delicious, mouth-watering vegetarian delights and these are no exception.
- Create vegetarian maki by filling with roasted sweet potato, cucumber, and fresh peppers and serving with wasabi, pickled ginger, and a soy dipping sauce
- Rice paper rolls filled with fresh vegetables and glass noodles served with a peanut satay sauce